We are in the process of developing feasible, long-term goals for the renovation of our Memorial Hall Theater. Currently, we are still in the preliminary phases of this project. Please check this page periodically for updates and progress announcements. Feel free to contact us regarding the renovation and revitalization of Memorial Hall theater.
Currently, a small team is conducting research based on archival photographs, original architectural drawings, and on-site investigation in order to recreate the theater’s 1898 beautiful atmosphere.
The bold mission of the Memorial Hall Theater Renovation Project is to make the following changes a reality.
- Restore the theater to its original 1898 splendor.
- Renovate the facility to meet modern technical standards for the array of performing and visual arts.
- Improve audience comfort and accessibility.
- Operate the theater year-round to culturally enlighten the lives of our patrons by presenting a broad range of high-quality programs including: live broadcasts, music, live theater, comedy, children film series, community performers … including independent, classic and foreign films.
- Contribute to the economic stimulation of Shelburne Falls and surrounding communities.
- Purchase elaborate stage draperies
- Install more comfortable patron seating (view PDF of proposed changes)
- Open a formal Box Office with set Hours
- Provide computerized box office services to feasibly offer Subscriptions and for the Box Office to have the ability to except credit cards as a form of in-person payment
- Create a better flow for crowd control
- Install state-of-the-art theatrical systems for fly space, rigging, lighting, amplification, and communication systems
- Provide Artist Facilites including new Dressing Rooms and Restrooms
Your support will aid in our efforts to restore our 1898 theater. Please consider supporting us by becoming a member of Memorial Hall theater.